Corning Incorporated’s Office of STEM is launching a new cycle of the Technician Pipeline Program (TPP) in Rochester! This program includes a salary of $25,000/yr PLUS job placement during the program and a full 2 year scholarship that includes tuition, books, and fees to earn an Associate’s Degree (AAS) in Optical Systems Technology from Monroe Community College (MCC). Further, following the successful completion of your degree, we will offer a full-time position as a Process Technician for Corning Incorporated, located at our Fairport, NY manufacturing facility (Offer subject to business conditions).
- 1 session form 12-1PM on Monday, June 25th in room 09-155 in Building 9 at Monroe Community College (the Wolk Center for Excellence in Nursing), 1000 East Henrietta Rd, Rochester, NY (Note: A parking permit will be required for this session only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday June 22nd to receive an electronic copy of the permit that you can print out and display on your car’s dashboard
- 3 sessions (all from 7-8PM) also in room 09-155 in the Wolk Center for Excellence in Nursing (Monday June 25th, Tuesday June 26th, Monday, July 2nd). No parking permits required.
You MUST attend one (1) of the above listed sessions. No admittance 10 minutes after the session begins. In addition, only the successful completion of your degree will warrant the opportunity for full-time career placement.
Prospective candidates can NOT have anyone else attend a session in their place and children under the age of 12 are not permitted in any session.
- For session 1 ONLY: Email OfficeOfSTEM@corning.com by June 22nd to receive a parking permit
- Only U.S. Citizens or current Green Card holders will be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older by December 31, 2018
- Candidates who are under age 18 when they attend a session, must attend with a parent or legal guardian.
- Completed HS Diploma or GED by June 30, 2018
- Can NOT be currently employed by Corning Incorporated in a technical role
- Will NOT accept more than 14 college credit hours transferred from another degree/program into this program
Due to the high level of interest, calls and emails regarding the program will not be responded to. All inquiries must be made at the information sessions (which will each include ample time for Q&A).