Mirror Tech Days
July 31 – August 3, 2012
Hyatt Regency, Rochester, NY USA
The Only Conference of Its Kind
Every year Tech Days summarizes the USA Government’s investment strategies and activities in developing technology for any application requiring optical components (e.g. telescopes, imaging systems, seeker/trackers, high-energy laser systems, solar energy, etc.).
Tech Days covers technology investment efforts in: optical materials; substrate design & manufacture; optical fabrication and metrology technology; optical coatings; wavefront sensing and control via adaptive optics; nano-technology imaging technologies; etc.
The purpose of Tech Days is to:
- Review the technical accomplishments of last year and plans for the future of mirror technology development being funded via the Government (e.g. SBIRs, DIIs, NASA ROSES, direct contracts, etc.)
- Celebrate success stories of funded mirror technology development efforts which have either been integrated into a Government program or reached the commercial marketplace.
- And, offer Prime Contractors and/or Systems Integrators the opportunity to identify specific technologies which they would like to see developed.
There will be OPEN and CLOSED sessions. OPEN sessions are intended for presentations of basic mirror technology development research. Presentations in the OPEN session contain no Export Controlled information. CLOSED sessions are intended for presentations which are Export or ITAR Controlled. Attendance for CLOSED sessions is restricted to US Citizens and Green Card Holders. Presentations will be distributed via DVD/CD.
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
Please submit your title information by Friday April 6
Tech Days 2012 is accepting three distinct types of presentations:
1. Review of Funded Research: Contractors with current Government funding (e.g. SBIRs, NASA ROSES, DIIs, etc.) are invited to review their accomplishments of the last year and plans for the future.
2. Success Stories: Contractors are invited to present how past or present government-funded mirror technology development efforts have either been integrated into a Government program or reached the commercial marketplace.
3. Technology Needs: Prime Contractors and/or Systems Integrators are invited to identify specific technologies which they would like for the Government to have developed.
Please remember, presentations should not be of a generic capabilities or ‘commercial’ nature.
Projects to be reviewed include Government-sponsored mirror technology development for any application (such as telescopes, imaging systems, seeker/trackers, high-energy laser systems, solar energy, etc.) which requires optical components. Tech Days covers technology investment efforts in: optical materials; substrate design & manufacture; optical fabrication and metrology technology; optical coatings; wavefront sensing and control via adaptive optics; nano-technology imaging technologies; etc.
Send your presentation information to email@example.com ASAP no later than Friday April 6:
- Presentation Title
- Presenter Name
- Company Name
- Sponsoring US Government Agency
- OPEN or CLOSED Session
OPEN sessions are for basic mirror technology development research. CLOSED sessions are Export or ITAR Controlled Presentations. Attendance for CLOSED sessions is restricted to US Citizens and Green Card Holders.
As always, Contractors working on Government funding have three options: 1) you can prepare and present your own presentation; 2) you can prepare your own presentation and have your Government sponsor present it on your behalf; or 3) your sponsor can prepare and present a presentation of your activities on your behalf.
Before arriving at Tech Days, each presenter is responsible for getting all necessary public release clearances for their presentations. All OPEN presentations must be fully public – containing no proprietary or Export Controlled information. I will need a copy of each author’s public release authorization. Authors are expected to bring an electronic version of their presentation that can be loaded onto the conference computer for projection.
Hyatt Regency Rochester reservations may be made here.
The Hyatt’s government rate is $96 per night.
Room numbers are limited so make your reservation now!
The SPIE link, with registration, is here.
Conference Dates / Times
Tuesday, July 31, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Wednesday, August 1, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Thursday, August 2, 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Tours, Both Regional and Commercial
A visit to Rochester and the Finger Lakes Region brings you close to amazing natural wonders, delightful culinary pleasures AND extraordinary technical resources.
Monday, July 30th
- Rochester / University of Rochester Laser Energetics Laboratory — Let us know by using the form below.
- ITT Exellis — Let us know by using the form below.
[contact-form subject=”The RRPC Blog Mirror Technology SBIR/STTR Conference” to=”firstname.lastname@example.org”] [contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Comment” type=”textarea” required=”true” /] [contact-field label=”Monday Technical Tours” type=”select” options=”Laser Energetics Laboratory,ITT Excellis” /] [/contact-form]